Position : Events and Communications Manager
The Events Coordinator is responsible for the Chamber’s event program and the related Communications. The event’s program is one of the Chamber’s main streams of revenue.
- Design and execute comprehensive event program including but not limited to: Monthly Drinks, Embassy Briefings, Seminars, Speaker events, AGM, Melbourne Cup, Aust-China Business Forums, Christmas Party.
- Website Management of Membership Area
- Ensure event program is profitable and relevant to Chamber community
- Manage event receivables
- Ensure event program is fairly shared throughout the Chamber’s “venue” members
- Manage the communications on AustCham’s Website and WeChat accounts. This will occasionally include LinkedIn and Facebook Accounts.
- Produce and create digital Web and print marketing material e.g. event posters, reports, flyers, web banners, signage, brochures, newsletters, invitations etc
- Generate creative ideas for marketing and promotional initiatives
- Engage with members while promoting their content on AustCham’s Communication channels.
- Compile the AustCham Online Monthly Newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
Key Performace Indicators:
- Consistent and profitable revenue stream
- Regular reporting and “competitive analysis”
- Marketing & promoting (listing events with press, website, weekly e-newsletter)
- Ensures Speaker ppt’s are delivered prior to event and loaded onto the members-only area post event
- Printing of materials
- Online / Social media audience scope
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant industry (required for expatriate candidates)
- Previous experience in marketing, PR and Event Management role
- Computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Design experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Publisher, In Design, Illustrator) advantageous
- Strong creative graphic design skills and knowledge of current digital design trends
- Strong and flexible work ethic
- Ability to work independently and to work effectively in a cross-cultural team
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate with members and stakeholders in a highly professional and helpful manner
The Events Coordinator reports to the Business Executive or the General Operations Manager (in their absence the Events Coordinator will report to AustCham Board’s executive committee). The Event Manager will often liaise with Membership and Finance teams.
Understands the considerations and values of a non-profit, membership-based organization. Ability to work in a small team environment, contribute positively to local atmosphere and deliver on job responsibilities.
For applications please email a 1-2page CV and 1 page cover letter to Asha Forsyth at firstname.lastname@example.org