Position Vacant | Executive Manager
About AustCham South China:
The China Australia Chamber of Commerce – South China (AustCham South China) was established in 1994 to develop, promote and expand business relations between Australia and China through the support of its membership. As a registered NGO office in the People’s Republic of China, AustCham South China supports its members by providing information, connections, business services and government relations as Australia’s peak industry body in South China.
As a non-profit organization, AustCham South China exists to serve its membership by connecting Australian and Chinese businesses in the region through promoting trade & investment between Australia and China. The chamber regularly hosts events which support the Australian business network in South China, including networking, education and government relations events. Through AustCham’s digital communications and media partners, AustCham members are able to elevate their brand presence through our network.
For a China wide presence, AustCham South China works closely with its sister Chambers in Beijing, Shanghai, Bohai, West China and Hong Kong & Macau, under the AustCham Greater China banner. AustCham South China is governed by a board of directors, with representation by Austrade and the Australian Consulate General who serve as ex-officio members. The secretariat is based in Guangzhou however represents its members across South China.
The Role of Executive Manager
The Executive Manager shall be responsible for managing the office in Guangzhou, reporting directly to AustCham South China’s Executive Committee of the Board of Directors on operational matters.
The Executive Manager’s duties shall include the following:
- Implementing membership growth and revenue generation strategies, including sponsorship drives for events, office and website.
- Implementing events best suited to our members’ needs – organising social networking events, government events, and large scale community and business events.
- Attending functions and member activities on behalf of the Chamber throughout South China.
- Planning and supporting initiatives for the Australian Consulate General in Guangzhou and other Australian Government departments to enhance Australian business in Southern China.
- Developing new services and products to continuously provide value to our members
- Decision making and cooperating with supporting 3rd parties’ events and activities
- Managing day to day operations of the Chamber
- Implementing and managing office systems and protocols for increased efficiency and quality of service
- Managing staff and HR in Guangzhou in consultation with AustCham South China’s Executive Committee.
- Managing the AustCham South China’s accounts and budget preparations in consultation with the treasurer.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate should:
- Be an experienced manager with 3 years working experience
- Have proven experience in managing people, office management and event management
- Have a good overall knowledge of Australian business and industry in southern China
- Be sales and entrepreneurially orientated, willing to implement his/her own ideas and initiatives
- Maintain strong networks that can be leveraged to enhance the Chamber’s services
- Be a confident decision maker and problem solver
- Drive for improvement
- Be able to multitask
- Be detail orientated, systematic and well organised
- Be enthusiastic, outgoing and willing to speak in public
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable international university
- English Skills essential. Ideally have a working knowledge of Mandarin (although this is not essential)
This role will offer the right candidate an excellent opportunity to interact with the international business community in South China in a lively, professional and challenging work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone enquiries and personal visits will not be accepted.