LES 5 – Assistant Operations Manager
Contract up to 24 months
CNY 136,285–CNY 144,800
Vera Zhou, Queensland Government Trade and Investment China Office
Why join us?
At TIQ, we are passionate about supporting Queensland businesses, and promoting Queensland at every opportunity. We have a strong sense of making a difference for Queensland businesses and the Queensland economy, and we value the opportunity to work with high achievers from varied backgrounds, nationalities and parts of the world.
If this sounds like you, come and join us!
Reporting to the Queensland Trade and Investment Commissioner – China, the Assistant Operations Manager, will represent the interests of Queensland in China through the identification, promotion and facilitation of opportunities in the Queensland Government’s key industry sectors (resources, construction, agriculture, tourism, and education and investment)
This role reports to the Queensland Government Trade and Investment Commissioner – China. See how this role fits into the overall structure: http://www.tiq.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/TIQ-Org-chart.jpg
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide high level administrative support to the Commissioner including financial processing, spread sheeting and/or database maintenance.
- Assist the Principal Operations Manager in managing the Office budget and the expenditure of the office including Commissioner’s in accordance with the Financial Management Practices Manual.
- Assist the Principal Operations Manager in undertaking regular review of financial reports and compilation of budget estimates for Trade and Investment Queensland China offices in various cities.
- Assist the Principal Operations Manager in coordinating resources to support the business needs of the office and the management of the day-to-day administrative matters.
- Assist the Principal Operations Manager in managing HR administrative issues including staff personnel records, salary details, recruitment and professional training.
- Undertake special projects in relation to the operation of the Trade and Investment Queensland China office.
- Organise appointments, seminars, meetings and travel arrangements (for officers and visitors).
- Foster an environment that values performance, customer service, continuous improvement and innovation in the delivery of high quality services.
- Support marketing staff with programs and planning for trade missions and visiting business delegations .
- Assist in research and provide support for projects undertaken by Trade and Investment Queensland China office.
- Provide a high level of client service and contribute as a member of the Trade and Investment Queensland China office team
Key selection criteria – What kind of person are we looking for?
- You are valued for strong technical knowledge and skill in their areas of expertise or discipline.
- You show strong self-management
- Understands how their work aligns to organisational objectives
- Acts proactively
- Responds flexibly to change
- Focuses on customers
- Seeks continuous improvement You demonstrate broad perspective
- Focuses on performance
- Manages internal and external relationships
- Supports others’ capability development
- Gives constructive feedback
- Highly developed organisational and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team in an international environment.
- High level verbal and written communication skills including an ability to establish and maintain good working relationships both internal and external clients.
- Ability to undertake research, contribute to improvement in work practices, participate in a work team
- High level keyboard skills and the ability to operate a range of computer software including word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management practices and systems including the ability to assist with budget preparation and undertake analysis, monitoring and reporting of financial procedures.
- Models professional and ethical behaviour
- Displays rigour in analysis
- Applies specialist knowledge and skills
- Commits to personal development
Are you up for the challenge?
Make sure you include the following and send your application via email to: email@example.com
- A current resume, with the names and contact details of two (2) referees – preferably one of whom is a current or immediate past supervisor.
- A cover letter (max 2 pages) telling us why you are suited for this role. This is your opportunity to tell us about your experience, what makes you the best person for the position and how you meet the selection criteria
Referee checking will be undertaken and other pre-employment checks may occur prior to any offer of employment. Checks may include (but are not limited to) proof of eligibility for appointment, a criminal history check and a serious discipline history disclosure check.
Other relevant information
- This is a Locally Engaged Staff (LES) position based in Shanghai
- Terms and conditions of employment are determined by a contract of employment compliant with the local labour laws.
- Remuneration is in local currency in Chinese Yuan Renminbi.
- Applicants must hold the requisite residential and work permits in China.
- Travel may be a requirement of this role
- Some after-hours work may be required for this role.
- No assistance will be provided with travel for take up duty, taxation, accommodation or overseas living allowances.
- It is desirable that applicants hold knowledge in one or more of the Queensland Government’s key industry sectors (resources, construction, agriculture, tourism, and education and investment)
- Role clarity is important at TIQ – for more information on what success would look like in this role, please refer to: http://www.tiq.qld.gov.au/performance-development-agreement/
- TIQ is an equal opportunity employer.
- Within one month of commencing employment, the successful applicant is required to disclose any employment as a lobbyist in the preceding two years.
PLEASE NOTE, VERIFICATION OF DETAILS PROVIDED IN APPLICATION, RESUME, INTERVEW(S) AND OTHER SELECTION METHODS WILL OCCUR THROUGH REFERENCE CHECKING FOR FINAL SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.