LES 5 – Business Development Manager (Chengdu Office)
Contract up to 24 months
CNY 141,179–CNY 150,000
Vera Zhou – Shanghai.Enquiries@tiq.qld.gov.au
Queensland Government Trade and Investment China Office
Why join us?
At TIQ, we are passionate about supporting Queensland businesses, and promoting Queensland at every opportunity. We have a strong sense of making a difference for Queensland businesses and the Queensland economy, and we value the opportunity to work with high achievers from varied backgrounds, nationalities and parts of the world.
If this sounds like you, come and join us!
Reporting to the Queensland Government Senior Trade Commissioner, China, the Business Development Manager, will represent the interests of Queensland in the South West region of China through the identification, promotion and facilitation of opportunities in the Queensland Government’s key industry sectors (resources, construction, agriculture, tourism, and education and investment)
This role reports to the Queensland Government Senior Trade Commissioner,China. See how this role fits into the overall structure: http://www.tiq.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/TIQ-Org-chart.jpg
Your key responsibilities:
- Using your high level knowledge of the business, legal and cultural environment in China, maintain and strengthen Queensland’s position by developing strategic relations and contacts with government representatives, business leaders and industry allies.
- Using your extensive knowledge and experience in international business and promotion, manage trade missions, Ministerial visits and allies including preparation of visit programs and accompanying Ministers and business delegations. You will be required to accompany business delegations to meetings in China as well as Queensland.
- Guide and support Queensland companies to pursue trade and investment outcomes by providing market intelligence, business leads, advice, introductions and screening of partners, participating in trade shows, business matching services, and other activities at the request of the Commissioner.
- Using your highly developed interpersonal, communication and language skills, work closely with and support Queensland businesses, suppliers, educational institutions, training providers and other organisations that are looking for buyers, partners, investors or allies.
- Provide accurate and timely market intelligence and strategic advice to the Commissioner, Queensland government departments and companies about developments in the economy and business situation.
- Work closely with the TIQ global network and Queensland stakeholders, including Brisbane and Queensland regional office staff, to co-ordinate joint trade promotional activities, business missions and client support.
- Lead business and government projects and initiatives.
Key selection criteria – What kind of person are we looking for?
- You are valued for strong technical knowledge and skill in their areas of expertise or disciplines.
- You show strong self-management.
- Understand how their work aligns to organizational objectives
- Acts proactively
- Responds flexibly to change
- Focuses on customers
- Seeks continuous improvement You demonstrate broad perspective
- Focuses on performance
- Manages internal and external relationships
- Supports others’ capability development
- Gives constructive feedback
- Models professional and ethical behaviour
- Displays rigour in analysis
- Applies business management and skills
- Commits to personal development
Are you up for the challenge?
Make sure you include the following and send your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current resume, with the names and contact details of two (2) referees – preferably one of whom is a current or immediate past supervisor.
- A cover letter (max 2 pages) telling us why you are suited for this role. This is your opportunity to tell us about your experience, what makes you the best person for the position and how you meet the selection criteria
Referee checking will be undertaken and other pre-employment checks may occur prior to any offer of employment. Checks may include (but are not limited to) proof of eligibility for appointment, a criminal history check and a serious discipline history disclosure check.
Other relevant information
- This is a Locally Engaged Staff (LES) position based in Chengdu
- Terms and conditions of employment are determined by a contract of employment compliant with the local labour laws.
- Remuneration is in local currency in Chinese Yuan Renminbi.
- Applicants must hold the requisite residential and work permits in China.
- Travel may be a requirement of this role
- Some after-hours work may be required for this role.
- No assistance will be provided with travel for take up duty, taxation, accommodation or overseas living allowances.
- It is desirable that applicants hold knowledge in one or more of the Queensland Government’s key industry sectors (resources, construction, agriculture, tourism, and education and investment)
- Role clarity is important at TIQ – for more information on what success would look like in this role, please refer to: http://www.tiq.qld.gov.au/performance-development-agreement/
- TIQ is an equal opportunity employer.
- Within one month of commencing employment, the successful applicant is required to disclose any employment as a lobbyist in the preceding two years.
PLEASE NOTE, VERIFICATION OF DETAILS PROVIDED IN APPLICATION, RESUME, INTERVIEW(S) AND OTHER SELECTION METHODS WILL OCCUR THROUGH REFERENCE CHECKING FOR FINAL SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.