About AustCham South China:
The China Australia Chamber of Commerce – South China (AustCham South China) was established in 1994 to develop, promote and expand business relations between Australia and China through the support of its membership. As a registered NGO office in the People’s Republic of China, AustCham South China supports its members by providing information, connections, business services and government relations as Australia’s peak industry body in South China.
As a non-profit organization, AustCham South China exists to serve its membership by connecting Australian and Chinese businesses in the region through promoting trade & investment between Australia and China. The chamber regularly hosts events which support the Australian business network in South China, including networking, education and government relations events. Through AustCham’s digital communications and media partners, AustCham members are able to elevate their brand presence through our network.
For a China wide presence, AustCham South China works closely with its sister Chambers in Beijing, Shanghai, Bohai, West China and Hong Kong & Macau, under the AustCham Greater China banner. AustCham South China is governed by a board of directors, with representation by Austrade and the Australian Consulate General who serve as ex-officio members. The secretariat is based in Guangzhou however represents its members across South China.
The Role of General Manager
The General Manager shall be responsible for managing the office in Guangzhou, reporting directly to AustCham South China’s Executive Committee of the Board of Directors on operational matters.
The General Manager’s duties shall include the following:
- Managing office operations and reporting to the Executive Committee.
- Managing the AustCham South China’s accounts and budget preparations in consultation with the treasurer.
- Managing staff and HR in Guangzhou in consultation with AustCham South China’s Executive Committee.
- Liaising with other AustCham representative offices.
- Implementing strategies and systems to maximize revenue and quality of service
- Oversee marketing through communication channels
- Tailoring and executing events that are aligned with our members’ needs, including networking events, delegations and sub-committee working groups.
- Liaise and negotiate with venues and sponsors, as well as with supporting third parties.
- Oversee effective event marketing.
- Developing strategies, services and products to attract and retain individual and corporate members
- Attend functions and member activities in South China on behalf of AustCham
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate should:
- English Skills essential. Working level of Mandarin preferred but not essential.
- Be an experienced manager with 3 years working experience.
- Have proven experience in managing an office, events and providing executive support, including managing appointments, program management, routine email writing, and telephone liaison;
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable international university
- Familiar with the Australian business landscape and key industries in South China
- Be entrepreneurial and prepared to take the initiative to implement his/her own ideas
- Working level knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Have the capacity and willingness to maintain strong networks in order to continually improve the Chamber’s services
- Be able to confidently make decisions and face challenges with a solution-orientated approach
- Be able to priorities and be flexible
- Be highly organized and pay close attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, experience working in a team environment and willingness to speak in public;
- The right candidate will be given an excellent opportunity to have an in-depth interaction with the Australia-China business community in South China, in what is an exciting, challenging and fulfilling role.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone enquiries and personal visits will not be accepted.