AUSTCHAM SOUTH CHINA INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
About AustCham South China:
The China-Australia Chamber of Commerce, South China (AustCham South china) was formed in 1994 to develop, promote and expand business relations between Australia and South China. As a member of AustCham Greater China and as a registered NGO office in the People’s Republic of China, the chamber represents its members through sharing information, connections and government advocacy. As a platform AustCham enables its members to exchange information on business opportunities in the region. AustCham South China’s office is based in Guangzhou with representation across the broader South China region.
About AustCham South China’s Internship Program:
AustCham South China interns are given the opportunity to work alongside a passionate and innovative team dedicated to assisting companies doing business in China. Interns are immersed in an environment dealing with a membership of well accomplished Australian business leaders in China. AustCham South China is governed by a Board of Directors representing many of Australia’s business leaders in the region. During the 3 month internship period, interns are likely to develop further skills in industry relations, communications, project management, market research, event management, government relations and other key areas to develop business acumen. Through events, interns are encouraged to develop relationships with members of the Australian business community. Internships generally run on a 3-month, full-time basis and starting dates depend on the availability of applicants. Where necessary, a letter of invitation will be given to successful applicants to assist in the visa process. AustCham will provide guidance and suggestions on flights, accommodation, visas and other general information however interns are ultimately responsible for making these necessary arrangements. AustCham South China covers associated work expenses and provides a modest stipend to interns, however, the program does not pay a salary. It is encouraged that interns make necessary budget arrangements prior to arrival in Guangzhou.
- Associate, Industry Relations
- Associate, Events & Communications
Tasks and Functions:
- Event management and organisation
- Industry research, industry reports and position papers
- Organise membership meetings and deliver membership benefits
- Source new members and develop membership proposals
- Various project management tasks
- Various administrative tasks
- Developing content to post on the AustCham website
- Social media
Desired Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree or final year of study
- Interest in Australia-China relationship
- Analytical and research skills
- Experience in event management and planning
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Experience developing, implementing and reporting on strategic plans as part of a small team
- Fluent in English and Chinese language skills desirable
- Understanding of Australian/Chinese business practices
Associate reports to the General Manager.
General Awareness: Understands the considerations and values of a non-profit, membership based organization. Ability to work in a small team environment, contribute positively to local atmosphere and deliver on job responsibilities.
Applications require a 1-2 page CV and 1 page Cover Letter.
For more information please contact Recruit@AustCham-SouthChina.org